Renew your practising certificate
You can apply to renew your practising certificate up to three months before its expiry date.
Follow the steps below to renew your practising certificate:
1) If this is your first time logging in to Hapori Matatū, before you can renew you will need an Education Sector Login (ESL). Please contact the Delegated Authoriser of your school and ask for the ESL email invitation to be sent to you. If you work in ECE, you will need to contact your Delegated Authoriser or complete the ESL110 form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not currently in a teaching role, or need any help getting your ESL please contact us. If you already have your ESL username and password you can skip this step.
2) Go to Hapori Matatū and click the login button in the top right corner of the page
3) Login using your ESL username and password. If you can't remember your username or password, use the corresponding button on the login screen or contact the Ministry of Education's service desk at email@example.com or 0800 422 599
4) Once logged in click the 'Registration and Certification' tab at the top of the page. If this is your first time logging in you will be asked to complete your account set up by entering your registration number and date of birth
5) Click 'Apply Now'
6) Follow the on screen instructions
Once your application has been submitted, you can check the progress of your application using Miromiro (our chatbot) by clicking here.
You will be asked for your registration or case number, after entering this, we will send an update on your application status to the email address associated with your registration number. You can find your registration number in Hapori Matatū by clicking the profile icon then 'My Details'. You can find your case number under 'My Application Cases' in the 'Registration & Certification' tab.