In this section

  • Applying for registration

    To enter the teaching profession, you first need to apply for and be granted Kaiako Whai Rēhitanga | Teacher Registration.

  • Applying for a provisional practising certificate

    Tōmua | Provisional is the first practising certificate you will hold when you start teaching in New Zealand.

  • Taking part in induction and mentoring

    As a Tōmua | Provisional teacher you will have the guidance of a mentor teacher to support and give constructive feedback during your journey to full certification.

  • Proof of identity

    Identity checks are required for people working with children under the Children’s Act. It is also required by Police before we can submit a request for your Police vet.