For teachers

Find out about applying for or renewing your practising certificate.

Applying for a full practising certificate

Full practising certificates are for experienced teachers, who demonstrate they can independently use and meet the Standards | Ngā Paerewa.

Renewing a practising certificate

Renewing a practising certificate ensures you continue to maintain high standards and best practice throughout your career.

Teacher refresh process

If you haven't taught in the last five years, or don't have enough teaching service to meet the requirements, find out whether you need to do a teacher refresh process.

Working in an approved setting outside centres, schools or kura

Teachers can renew their practising certificates based on experience working at a Council-approved institution or setting.

Working as learning support coordinators

Find information for learning support coordinators and their employing principals about how to maintain a practising certificate.