How to apply for registration/certification for the first time

This video is a brief overview of what you will need in order to register and certify as a teacher in New Zealand for the first time.

How to certify documents

This video will help you determine whether your documentation is correctly certified so we can process your application as quickly as possible.

Back to top

How to download your practising certificate

You can view or print out your current practising certificate anytime using Hapori Matatū.

How to get an Education Sector Logon (ESL) for first time registration/certification

Important! This is only for first-time registration/certification applications. Teachers who are already registered need to be sent an invitation with the correct role type from their employer.

Back to top  

How to renew your practising certificate

This video explains what you will need to do in order to have your application processed as quickly as possible.

Types of practising certificate

There are several types of practising certificate. Which one you'll need will depend on your circumstances. This video is a brief description of the various types of practising certificates.