Renewing your practising certificate in the next couple of months?
14 September 2023
The spring and summer season is our peak renewal period. Here’s some information that will help your application go as smoothly as possible if you need to renew your practising certificate in the coming months:
- All applications are submitted via our online teacher community, Hapori Matatū. To log in, you will need an Education Sector Logon (ESL) that has been set up with Hapori Matatū access. Most certificates issued over the last three to four years were done so online. If yours was issued online, you will already have an ESL.
- You can check whether your ESL has Hapori Matatū access by looking under ‘Roles and Organisations’ in the Ministry of Education’s ESL Self-Service kiosk.
- If you are unsure whether you have an ESL, or if you have forgotten your ESL username or passphrase, your first port of call should be your kura, school or ECE centre’s ESL Delegated Authoriser (DA) or the Ministry of Education Service Desk.
- If you do not yet have an ESL, you can find information on how to set this up on our website.
- For additional information on navigating Hapori Matatū, please check our Hapori Matatū User Guide.