Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
Our position on the funding review
- Kei Mātairangi ahau e noho ana, Kei raro iho ko Te Whanganui a Tara
- “It is advisable that the teacher should understand, and even be able to criticize the general principles upon which the whole educational system is formed and administered.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?
- “National Standards are a useful record of where a child is at a point in time. They don’t improve achievement per se, but rather show us where best to target resources and help teachers understand where they need to apply focus.
- The Education Council encourages teachers, learners and families to access online safety tools, support and advice from Netsafe. It is a New Zealand-based online safety organisation with information on how to manage online challenges.
- Our chairperson Barbara Ala’alatoa agrees deciles are a blunt instrument when it comes to helping lift student achievement.
Start of new year a time of promise
Great Teachers Make a Difference