- Kei Mātairangi ahau e noho ana, Kei raro iho ko Te Whanganui a Tara
- “It is advisable that the teacher should understand, and even be able to criticize the general principles upon which the whole educational system is formed and administered.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?
- The Education Council encourages teachers, learners and families to access online safety tools, support and advice from Netsafe. It is a New Zealand-based online safety organisation with information on how to manage online challenges.
- Our chairperson Barbara Ala’alatoa agrees deciles are a blunt instrument when it comes to helping lift student achievement.
Start of new year a time of promise
Great Teachers Make a Difference
Welcome! The Forum is your space to read about, and have your say on, the Council's work and goals.
- A big thank you to those who took the time to provide us with their views on our draft submission on the review of the Education Act 1989.