Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
“It appears, therefore, that of all secular professions, teaching is the most profoundly important…” “of all these professions teaching is the worse paid.”
Dr Graham Stoop, chief executive of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand, outlines the Council’s position on the Government’s announcement on Communities of Online Learning.
- We are working on some new projects to support and champion teachers, and raise the status of our profession. These are important for the future of teaching. We invite you to help shape that future.
- We recently celebrated our first anniversary.
The Education Council offers some useful tips for parents experiencing teachers for the first time
Our position on the funding review
- Kei Mātairangi ahau e noho ana, Kei raro iho ko Te Whanganui a Tara
- “It is advisable that the teacher should understand, and even be able to criticize the general principles upon which the whole educational system is formed and administered.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?