Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Cultural competence in an education setting sets the standard for teachers and guides the behaviours and attitudes that contribute to an environment where all tamariki feel like they belong.
- Feedback from teachers has been overwhelmingly positive for the Education Council’s “easy and convenient” online service to renew full practising certificates (EC30).
- The Education Council Board met this week and discussed the question of teachers’ fees, among other things.
- Recent media stories about teacher numbers and registration requirements have suggested that the Education Council application process for teacher registration involves unnecessary bureaucracy and is a box-ticking exercise which leads to lengthy
- 2017 has been a really busy year for collaboration and consultation!
- We hear from a lot of teachers asking why we’ve changed our criteria for proof of identity. The answer is we haven’t!
- We love sharing your hard work and celebrating your achievements, which is why we want to tell you about The Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards.
- It’s attitudes that are lagging, not action.
- We’re updating the Education Council Rules that were developed last year, to make sure they’re consistent with some recent changes, including the launch of the Code of Professional Responsibility and changes to the Education Act.
- We’ve been interviewed by various newspapers, news sites and radio stations recently asking questions about teacher supply and Teacher Education Refresh (TER). Curiously, none of our input seems to make the final cut.