Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- On Monday 2 July, we will be publishing decisions that have been made by the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal; some of the cases won’t make for easy reading.
- The Education Council is committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession; it’s a robust and determined path that teachers take to be recognised as a quality member of the teaching profession, with a legal right to call themselves a tea
- You can listen to the second episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- If you are applying NOW for the renewal or the issuing of a practising certificate you are no longer eligible for an exemption or reimbursement of the application fee. This is because the Primary Teachers Collective expired on 8/06/2018.
- On Friday we posted a poll on our Facebook page that asked the question of support for the Modern Learning Environment. The response was immense and provided the Council with insight not only on that subject.
- Lately, we’ve received a number of inquiries from ECE teachers working in home-based networks about being issued with and maintaining a practising certificate.
- You can listen to the inaugural episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- Cultural competence in an education setting sets the standard for teachers and guides the behaviours and attitudes that contribute to an environment where all tamariki feel like they belong.
- Feedback from teachers has been overwhelmingly positive for the Education Council’s “easy and convenient” online service to renew full practising certificates (EC30).
- Some collective agreement terms come to an end this year.