Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Carol Walters is so passionate about mentoring that she’s taken a year off her teaching role to mentor full-time for the Teaching Council’s induction and mentoring pilot, Tuakana Teina.
- Welcome to the digital book of aroha for teachers in Christchurch.
- Taking on the dual role of science teacher and Special Education Needs Coordinator is a mighty challenge for any Provisionally Certificated Teacher, let alone one who trained overseas.
- The Teaching Council is excited to announce that early childhood education (ECE) teachers can now renew their full practising certificate online (EC30).
- The Teaching Council is aware that there are misleading media headlines and social media posts about language requirements (including IELTS tests) for teacher registration.
- Carl Roberts describes his first year as a Provisionally Certificated Teacher (PCT) as ‘a frenzy of adjustment’.
- Nelson College for Girls has transformed form time from an administrative dominant, under-valued paper-shuffle to a meaningful wellbeing and mentoring programme which helps the school produce good people, not just good students.
- This page has up-to-date Teaching Today podcast episodes. It's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers. All episodes are available on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts and iTunes.
- A profession-led system will bring equity and excellence into our schools
- In June, the Minister for Education set up a Ministerial Advisory Group (and a reference group to support the MAG) to gather views from across the country that would help to inform the direction for work on Curriculum, Progress and Achievement no