Vacancy: Team Leader, Teacher Capability and Collaboration
Team Leader, Teacher Capability and Collaboration.
Permanent, Full Time. Based in Wellington.
- Would you like to join a supportive and friendly organisation with a passion for education?
- Are you experienced leading teams and working in an education organisation?
- Are you an experienced teacher or principal?
An exciting opportunity in the role of a Team Leader has become available in our Teacher Capability and Collaboration team at the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Who are we?
We are the professional body for teachers and provide direction for the teaching profession from early childhood education through primary and secondary schooling in English and Maori medium schools. We are committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession and creating an organisation that honours te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The Teacher Capability and Collaboration team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing the Council’s professional work programme, including Initial Teacher Education and Competence functions, supporting teachers to meet the Standards for the Teaching Profession and the Code of Professional Responsibility.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience managing people and teams
- Experience appraising teachers’ performance against the Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Current teaching practice
- Experience managing projects, ensuring processes are followed and results are delivered on time and in budget
- Knowledge of government decision-making processes would be an asset
The role of Team Leader could be an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, lead an innovative team and build collaborative practice for the teaching profession.
If this sounds like you, please apply today via SEEK with your CV and cover letter.
For a copy of the Job Description, click here.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 13 April 2020.
Please note that to apply for this role you must live and have a legal right to work in New Zealand.
Successful appointment is conditional upon Criminal Record check and Psychometric Testing.