Registration Panel Members
The purpose of the Registration Panel is to facilitate decision-making and expedite the registration process for teachers. The function of the panel is to make decisions on applications for teacher registration where:
- there are serious concerns relating to a teacher’s character and fitness to teach
- a teacher’s registration or practising certificate has previously been cancelled or declined
- applications will be referred to the panel when internal decision processes have been unable to determine whether the applicant has met the good character and fit to be a teacher criteria, or in matters considered to be severe. The panel is expected to meet for a single day every other month or as necessary.
The nature of this panel means you will come across sensitive details so familiarity with privacy requirements, and the ability to be discreet and confidential are essential. You’ll be part of a team that helps gauge public perception and expectations of good character so you will have a sound moral and ethical barometer and be in touch and involved with your own community.
The Registration Panel is looking for:
- experienced, registered teachers with current practising certificates
- skills and knowledge in te reo Māori, tikanga Māori and te Ao Māori
- skills and knowledge of Pacific peoples, language, culture and world views.
Please fill out the application form online by typing in the fields, and then save it and send it along with your CV, Cover Letter and completed application form to email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 2 June 2019.
These are 0.1 FTTE (Full Time Teaching Equivalent) positions.
Successful applicants may be based anywhere in New Zealand, but will be required to travel for meetings.
Please note, you must have a legal right to work in New Zealand.
Successful appointment is conditional upon police vetting and qualification checks.