Teachers in schools can now submit their application for a renewal of a practising certificate online.
This online process comes with a new endorsement process for principals/professional leaders. The Proof of Identity (POI) requirements that you have been checking on paper can now be done online. As a principal/professional leader we’re relying on you to assert a teacher’s identity. Please don’t delegate this to someone else. You only need to do this once for each teacher.
Note that some of the language may be school-centric but applies to centres too.
Before you can log on and complete the teachers’ applications you’ll need to:
- Complete the training module for endorsers (it takes about 10 minutes)
- Have the EC_Principal role (for the EC_Online application) for your Education Sector account. If you don’t have this role yet your Education Sector Provisioning Application (EPA) authoriser can request it for you through EPA. For more information about logging in, have a look at the Ministry's login guide.
- Have both your registration number, and the tracking number for the teacher’s application handy. The teacher will receive an email with the tracking number once they’ve completed their application.
Completing Proof of Identity for a teacher? You’ll need to:
- Be familiar with the Proof of Identity requirements
- Have sighted the teacher’s original identification documents
- Be ready to record the details of the teacher’s identification documents.
Completing an endorsement? You’ll need to:
- Be familiar with the requirements for maintaining a full practising certificate
- Have viewed evidence of the teacher’s appraisal using the Standards for the Teaching Profession
- Be ready to endorse the teacher’s application online.
Certifying documents (such as an overseas police certificate)? You’ll need to:
- Have sighted the original (hard copy) of the document that the teacher needs you to certify (this will be displayed on the screen when you access this section)
- Be ready to certify that the document shown on the screen is a true copy of the original document.
Ready to endorse an application? Log on to the Confirmation Dashboard to get started.