CLOSED: Proposed changes to Teaching Council Rules
The consultation period for proposed changes to the rules for professional disciplinary processes and competence evaluation processes for the teaching profession has now finished.
The consultation period is now closed. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
Survey responses and submissions are now being reviewed. The Governing Council will consider all feedback before making a decision on the rule changes.
At a glance
- The consultation period began Monday 20 March and closed 5pm Friday 14 April 2023.
- The Governing Council will consider all feedback before making a decision on the final rule changes
- The Parliamentary Counsel Office is responsible for drafting the rules
- The final rules will be published in the Gazette on 29 June 2023
- The new rules take effect from 29 July 2023.
Q & A videos
What is the motivation around changing the process?
What is actually changing in the process?
How and where are teachers involved in the process?
Changes in the law are helping remove the bottleneck, will this speed things up for teachers?